Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Distant Hours: Brief Review

It's long after midnight here, and I should really be sleeping right now, as we're leaving on a trip to Nova Scotia to spend Christmas with my boyfriend's family and we have to get up in a few hours. But, I wanted to get some brief thoughts down about this novel while it's still fresh in my head, and I'll do a more thorough review when we get back.

This book started out very slow for me. It doesn't pick up until more than halfway through, but once it does, it sucks you in. There are many twists and turns. At one point I thought I had figured out one of the plot points, but this leaves you feeling surprised. So much so that I had chills on the last page.

And that's where I'll leave this for now.

I don't imagine I'll be online much, if at all until we get back next week, so I want to say I hope everyone who reads this blog has nice holidays, and eats lots of delicious food, and gets lots of great new books to read!

No comments: