Thursday, January 19, 2012

Goodbye is the hardest part...

My time in Canada is almost up. The last year and a half that I've spent here has been wonderful. The yearlong work exchange program I was a part of was an invaluable experience. I learned so much, and made wonderful friends. The last 6 months I did a little traveling and just enjoyed my time here, which was hard to do when I was working full time. Canada is my second home, and I will miss my friends and family here, so much.

My plane leaves tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. Right now, I'm a raw bundle of nerves and energy. I tried to take a nap a little earlier, but only managed to half sleep for about an hour.


I'm sad, nervous and excited all at once.

I will miss:

My boyfriend. More than words can explain. Lucky for us, we've been together nearly 6 and a half years and are used to the distance. Though this time it'll be a lot harder after having lived together.

My boyfriend's family (My second family): I love them all very much, and am very appreciative of all that they have done to make me feel welcome and loved.

My friends: I've made awesome friends here.

The way people say hello on the street. I admit, this took getting used to at first, but it's nice to say hello and have someone smile, especially if you're having a rough day.

Tim Horton's Cherry Cheese Danishes. I don't like coffee at all, but these danishes are awesome.

There are many more things that I'll miss, but that's enough of a list I think.

I will not miss : The ice.  That's for darn sure. Luckily this winter it wasnt' so bad.


I'm excited to get to see my friends and family back at home in California too. I haven't seen many of them in almost a year, some even longer than that. As excited as I am,  I know it will take some time to adjust. Plus I've got to get back into the working world again as well, which I'm excited about. I have a lot to contribute and I'm looking forward to being part of a team again.

I'm staying with my best friend until the 28th, and then I'll be going home from there. I don't know how much I'll be on the internet during that week, if at all, so if you get really late comments on entries, that's why. I should have a couple of reviews to post, as I've got a few e books that I've been neglecting because of the move. I have 2 ebooks to read, so I'll try and get at least one review ready by monday or tuesday after next.

Happy Reading everyone!

2 comments:

Charity L.S. said...

I hope your move went smoothly, Melissa. I look forward to reading more of your posts as soon as you get settled. Take Care!

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

Thank you Charity! It's gone okay so far, I've been staying with a friend for a bit and will be getting home in a couple of days so I'll probably be MIA from the blog for a few more days. I'm just trying to tackle phone calls and emails at the moment. :)