Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Post 11th Edition


The Sunday Post is a weekly Meme hosted by
It's a chance to share news, 
a post to recap the past week on your blog,
 showcase books
and things we have received and
 share news about what is coming up 
on our blog for the week ahead


Last Week on Melissa's Midnight Musings:
(Click Links to be taken directly to the posts)
  • I did a guest post over on Twificoo about music and the soundtrack of my life
  • I reviewed Free Falling by Susan Kiernan Lewis. This is a great story about the resilience and determination of a family.
  • I reviewed My Love by Joanne Clancy. It was nice overall, but didn't really grab me too much.
  • I reviewed Catastrophically Consequential by Stephen C. Bird which was quite catastrophic and bizarre
  • I talked some more about The Soundtrack of My Life in Behind the Blog. The topic is  so much fun to think about that I wanted to add some more to it and tie in books as well.
  • I reviewed Crank by Ellen Hopkins. I've never read anything like this before and am definitely a fan of Hopkins writing style.
It's been another busy week here at Melissa's Midnight Musings. And next week is shaping up to be another packed week as well. I've got some really exciting things lined up. But first I want to share with you some of the terms that brought people to the blog last week. I've seen this done on other blogs and thought it would be fun.

This Week's Search Terms:
midnight-orchids.blogspot.com -I'm glad to see that people are remembering my main URL
Ambition's Not an Awful Word That was a great book and it's great to see people looking for information on it.
All the Right Stuff summary- Also another good book that I enjoyed.
audrey's guide to witchcraft Can't wait to read and review it.
how to reference getting mail harry I can only guess that this was someone looking for information on Harry Potter?

And now on to the schedule for next week. As I mentioned I have a lot of great things coming up next week. 

Coming Up This Week:
  • Don't Miss it! Tomorrow I will be announcing a really cool feature that will last throughout the month!
  • I will be interviewing author Steven Manchester about his latest book, Twelve Months. 
  • I will be announcing the winner of the Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft giveaway.
  • Review of Broken City by D.D. Chant
  • Behind the Blog: This week's topic is Historical Events:
If there is one constant throughout the world, it is that time never stops. It continues to trickle past us and what many people don’t realise is how important that fact is. People study history in school and a lot of people don’t really listen, bored of everyone stating that “history repeats itself.” So this week we’re looking at historical events and how they’ve shaped us today. It could be events in your life, in your lifetime or ones that happened years ago that have affected you in this life.
In relation to media; what historical fiction books and films have you loved? Were the historical details accurate? Was it the history or the fiction that pulled you in?
  • I will also be bringing you some information on a promotion called Labour of Love, a special book promotion for the Labour Day Holiday
  • I'll have the Introduction Post for that AWESOME feature I'll be announcing tomorrow.
And now, the books:

Book Haul
Clicking the links will take you to Goodreads' descriptions

From Author for Review

Twelve Months by Steven Manchester 
Unfortunately I won't have my review to go along with the interview, but be on the lookout for it in the coming weeks

Anthology I: The Other Side

Anthology I by Hamidah Gul

From Publisher for Review
An Imperfect Wife
An Imperfect Wife by Grace Wen

With Honors

With Honors by Grace Wen

Sebastian's Poet

Sebastian's Poet by Kevin Craig

All three of those are thanks to Musa Publishing

That's it for me this week. Be sure to leave me links so I can check out your hauls!

13 comments:

DBookWhore said...

I haven't heard of any of these books. I hope you enjoy them all and have an awesome reading week!


MY HAUL

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Lovely haul and now I want to know all about them. I look forward to the reviews and what you have on the blog this week. I finally grabbed your button and will add it to my Blogs I Stalk sometime today. Thanks for being a part of the Sunday Post :)

ellepaulette said...

Awesome haul this week! Enjoy all these new books!
Happy Reading,
Dani
My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

Unknown said...

Nice haul... Hope you like them all..

Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3632

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I haven't heard of your books but I am headed to Goodreads to check out a few of them! Happy reading, Melissa, and thanks so much for stopping by the blog!

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

@DBookWhore:
Thanks!

@Kimba:

Thank you! And thanks for adding my button to your blog. I will be adding yours as well once I get around to updating that tab. :)

@Dani:
Thank you!

@Jenea:
Thank you!

@Molli:

Thanks! Which ones are you interested in?

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

Great book haul this week Melissa. The Imperfect Wife sounds interesting, the total opposite of me lol. I look forward to checking back for the interesting posts you have coming up on your blog next week. Happy Reading!!

Christina said...

I've never heard of Muse publishing, but I like the way they've made all of their covers distinctly their own. Very cute!

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

@Suzanne:

Thank you!

@Christina:

I had never heard of Musa publishing either until they contacted me; I agree their covers are nice.

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

nice ones you have there. :) My post is not the same, but has the books I have gotten over the past few weeks if you want to stop by. I am also a new follower too! I will grab your button too, and place in my blog roll on the right side. :)
Stacking the Shelves

Steph said...

Great haul! I haven't heard of any of these titles - I'll have to check them out. I hope you enjoy all the goodies you got this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Tiffany Drew said...

Great haul! I haven't heard of most of these books so it looks like I'm off to Goodreads to read more about them!

Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

Darlene said...

These books are all new to me. Anthology I: The Other Side sounds like a perfect creepy read for this time of year!

Hope you enjoy all your new books, Melissa!

Thanks for stopping by!

http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/08/stacking-shelves-august-26-2012.html