Thursday, January 3, 2013

(ARC Review) Breaking Through by Grace: The Bono Story by Kim WashburnP

Title: Breaking Through by Grace: The  Bono Story
Author: Kim Washburn
Breaking Through by Grace: The Bono StoryPublisher: Zonderkidz 
Published: September 21, 2010
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 93
Source: Won through Goodreads First Reads Program
Read: November 12, 2012 
In A Few Words: Nothing Special
My Rating: 2 Stars

Goodreads Synopsis:
From growing up in Ireland during deadly times to performing on the largest stages in the world, Bono's faith has kept him grounded and focused on what truly matters. Whether using his voice to captivate an audience or to fight for justice and healing in Africa, Bono is a champion of the lost and a hero to those who fight for justice.

Melissa's Musings:

I've had this sitting on my shelf for a while, I won it about 6 months ago through Goodreads. I was looking for a quick book to read in between author review requests so I grabbed this.

While it's got a variety of information in it, I didn't really learn anything new about Bono. Well, I learned that he is very in tune with his religious beliefs, but that's about it. There are some neat black and white photos of him and the rest of the band.

One odd thing about this book is that it's categorized as a children's book. I can't quite understand why it's in that category because this is in no way a children's books. It's uses very simple language so maybe that's the reason.

If you're looking for a quick read, this would be it, but I wouldn't recommend buying it, it's not worth it.

No comments: