Thursday, January 10, 2013

Behind the Blog 35: Constants


BTB4

Behind The Blog is a meme to help bloggers connect their life and interests to the content showcased on their blog. The co-hosts Faye Kathe and Melissa will provide a different topic, idea, or question every week that bloggers can relate to themselves and the books, films, or media they find interesting!

That One Thing:

With 2012 ending and the new year beginning, there has been a lot of talk about the things that have passed and the things that will soon be coming and so I would like us, instead, to talk about the constant things. The objects, people, music, etc, that are always with us no matter where we go and can often help to keep us grounded when we feel like we're floating up to the sky. Is there an item from your childhood, or early teens, that you've kept with you until the present day because it meant too much to you to throw out? Do you have a friend whose been there from the beginning? What about your family? Tell us about something that is a constant in your life.
In relation to books and media; are there any heros or heroines that are constantly attached to something throughout the story, something that they draw strength from, or maybe even gives them a weakness?


 This topic is an easy one for me to talk about, because I realize that I do have many constants in my life. In terms of items, I have a few things in particular that are very special. I have a bear that my dad got me when I was born, that I still have, all these years later. I also have a stuffed monkey named Fred that my grandmother got me for my 6th birthday. 

I also have a necklace that she bought me when I turned 10. I used to wear it on each birthday, but the chain is broken and I haven't found a similar one that I like.

My family is always there for me. My dad and my younger sister in particular. They have done a lot for me, and I will always be grateful to them for being there for me no matter what. 

My best friend Tanya, has been my friend for over half my life. We have been through all the ups and downs that life has had to offer us over the years. I know that I can always count on her to be there when I need someone to talk to.

My boyfriend, Dearran. He's been in my life for almost a decade now, and he will be in my life for many decades to come. We've had our share of ups and downs but we've stuck by each other through it all.

When I think about music that's a constant, I'd be crazy not to mention Coldplay. Ever since they first came out, they have been in my music collection, Their music is my go to music whenever I need something familiar and comforting.

As I'm reading back through this post, I'm very lucky to have all of these constants in my life. Life is always changing, which is a wonderful thing, but it's nice to know that I have all of these things, and people to fall back on when it gets to be overwhelming. 

What are some of the constants in your life?

We'd love to have you join us for Behind the Blog!

If you're choosing to join us for Behind the Blog don't forget to link up your post by using the Linky list below!
Are you joining us? Here are our rules:


  • The hosts' Behind the Blog posts go live at midnight on Friday, GMT+0:00. Feel free to post before that, just link up on Friday! 
  • Feel free to make use of the button shown above, or if it clashes with your blog colours e-mail us or make your own.
  • Read, write, and connect! The Linky is there for you. Make use of it!
  • Last but not least, have fun! 

No comments: