Friday, March 1, 2013

Behind the Blog 40: All Good Things Must Come To An End


BTB4

Behind The Blog is a meme to help bloggers connect their life and interests to the content showcased on their blog. The co-hosts Faye Kathe and Melissa will provide a different topic, idea, or question every week that bloggers can relate to themselves and the books, films, or media they find interesting!

Behind The Blog has been a great meme for Faye, Kathe, and I over  the past year but this Friday we will be posting our last post for the meme. It has connected us, and we have enjoyed bringing personal posts to our blogs but due to unforeseen circumstances we’re going to stop posting the meme. We thank you for all of your wonderful comments and views on all of our Behind The Blog topics, and we thank everyone who has joined in along the way as well. For this post we will be posting our memories of the meme, some of our favourite topics and others of the like. We hope it’ll be a great way to give it a good send off.

This is a very difficult post to write. It's always tough to see things come to an end, especially when you've enjoyed them so much. But then, that's the point, isn't it? As long as something has been enjoyable, that's all that matters.

I could talk about my favorite posts, or topics, but really they've already had their spotlight. (And, they are all linked up on the tab at the top of the page if anyone wants to take a look.) So I will keep this short, and sweet.

This experience has been a lot of fun. It was great to collaborate with Faye and Kathe, and get to know them more in the process. Coming up with new topics was always a bit of a challenge. It's difficult to make things personal, but still keep them interesting for the readers.

Rather than have this be a spotlight of past posts, I would prefer this post be one of gratitude. I want to thank both Faye and Kathe for letting me work with them on their awesome idea. It has been a thrill getting to know you both, and I think you are both fantastic people. Each of your posts has had a unique spin to it and it's been fun to get a peek into your lives, and to who you are as people. Even though we live thousands of miles (and several time zones!) apart, I feel like I've formed great friendships with you.

I also want to thank each of the readers who had a comment to offer, or a post of their own to share. Thank you for joining in, and sharing your thoughts. That was one of the most thrilling parts of this whole experience is seeing what others had to say about the topics that we worked to come up with.

I have to admit, the process of working on Behind the Blog has been a bit scary. There were times when I had to alter my direction with some of my posts because I just wasn't comfortable sharing something. It's hard for me to open up to others, and so this meme has been a bit of a challenge for me personally. I've grown because of it, which I'm very appreciative of. It has also helped me to think creatively. Usually, I'm not very good at coming up with things on the fly, but on some particularly hectic weeks when it would be my turn to think of the topic, some of my favorites were thought of on very short notice.

Behind the Blog has been a great deal of fun, and I've learned a whole lot. And to sign off I would like to thank everyone for joining in, and thank you especially to Faye and Kathe for letting me work with you and get to know you. It's been fun. :)

We'd love to have you join us for Behind the Blog!

If you're choosing to join us for Behind the Blog don't forget to link up your post by using the Linky list below!
Are you joining us? Here are our rules:


  • The hosts' Behind the Blog posts go live at midnight on Friday, GMT+0:00. Feel free to post before that, just link up on Friday! 
  • Feel free to make use of the button shown above, or if it clashes with your blog colours e-mail us or make your own.
  • Read, write, and connect! The Linky is there for you. Make use of it!
  • Last but not least, have fun!

No comments: