Monday, January 8, 2018

Review: Rose of Raby

Rose of Raby: The First and Second Books in a Saga about the Yorks, Lancasters and Nevilles, Whose Family Feud Started the Cousin's War, Now Known as the Wars of the Roses, Told by Cecily Cecylee Neville (1415-1495), the Thwarted Queen Rose of Raby: The First and Second Books in a Saga about the Yorks, Lancasters and Nevilles, Whose Family Feud Started the Cousin's War, Now Known as the Wars of the Roses, Told by Cecily Cecylee Neville (1415-1495), the Thwarted Queen by Cynthia Sally Haggard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Date Read: December 31, 2017

Melissa's Musings:

This was a unique read for me in that I don't normally read books written in this time period. The stories were short and to the point, very simple. They were also quite informative. I didn't particularly feel any emotional attachment as I was reading these, but still enjoyed them well enough. I also appreciate that they were written in modern English, and not geared more toward the language of the time.

I certainly can't imagine what it must have been like to be promised to someone at only 9 years old, but I was grateful for Cecylee that she was able to delay her marriage as she had wished to do, and retained her childhood. I was quite surprised that she fell for the archer, especially since Richard seemed to love her.

*Please note, I won a copy of this book via Goodreads Giveaways*

No comments: