Friday, December 30, 2011

Book Review: Ruthless

Rating 3 stars
Read from December 28-29


I don't know how many of those reading this are fans, but, I love the Pretty Little Liars series. (Both the books and the TV show.) I started the series of books just this year after seeing the show and got hooked.

I received the latest novel, Ruthless, as a Christmas gift. While I was highly anticipating this book, especially after the end of Twisted, I was slightly disappointed. There's been a lot of commentary about Sara Shepard dragging the series on too long. It could have ended at 8, surely, but I was happy to find out there would be a 9th book.
I love being involved in the girl's lives as a reader, it feels like I've known them forever.

But, things are starting to get a bit out of hand. Just how much can these girls go through? And how is it that all of these "A's" just happened to be in the same health facility with Courtney/Ali? Plus,  they're almost out of high school years, I don't think we'll be following them off to college, will we?

Despite these elements, I'm still anxious to see what happens. I want to know what happened to Aria in Iceland on their trip that she's so secretive about. And what ever happened to the "Ali" in Twisted that goes to that new school. ( I can't remember the anagrammed name for the life of me, and I don't own Twisted so I can't check it)

No comments: