Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finally reading again!

I finally managed to start a new book yesterday! I'm reading In My Shoes by Adrian Stephens. I'm so glad about this because I haven't finished a book since the 19th, which is the day before I had to move. Unfortunately, it's really not too great a book. I'm about halfway through, and I'm finding myself wanting to speed right through it. Not for the fact that it's sucked me in, but simply because I want to hurry up and get it over with. Unless this book redeems itself in a major way, my review is going to end up being very negative.

I feel bad, because the author offered me a copy to read, and I hate giving negative reviews. But, I do like to be honest, so I'm not going to sugarcoat to protect their feelings. I also feel bad because the author emailed me the ebook in November and I haven't read it until now. The holidays and moving really got in the way though. I should be finished with it in the next day or so depending on how the day goes today.

On a more positive note, I won another book from Goodreads yesterday. I didn't win anything today so my streak has been broken. That makes me a little sad because winning books is such a good feeling, but hopefully I'll win more in the future. Has anyone else won any books lately?

No comments: