Saturday, July 7, 2012
Leibster Blog Award!
I've been nominated for a Leibster Blog Award by NightQuest over at HotCoffeeBooksandChocobar. I have to say a big thank you, because I love that my readers appreciate my blog enough to give it an award.
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves,
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you, and give 11 questions for the people you tag.
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember no tag backs.
6. This award is meant to be given to blogs that have under 200 followers
11 Facts about me:
1. I am the middle child in my family.
2. I love the color purple.
3. I have to have near complete silence or only a bit of background noise to read.
4. Charmed is my all time favorite TV show. I own and have watched through the entire series at least 5 times.
5. I've had 3 surgeries
6. In the span of my K-12 educational years I went to 9 different schools because my family moved a lot.
7. I have never been to a concert with a well known musical artist.
8. Swimming is my favorite physical activity
9. One of my life goals is to read 1 million pages.
10. My best friend and I have known each other for 61 percent of my life, or 16 years.
11. My birthday is on October 11th.
Now the questions asked of me by NightQuest:
1. Summer or Winter? Why?
I like them both for their own reasons, but probably winter for the fact that rainy weather is perfect 'curl up with a good book weather' and I get a lot of baking done in the winter, which is something that I've recently discovered I love doing.
2. Do you prefer good guys or bad guys?
In real life, good guys. Bad guys have their appeal, but at the end of the day I want a guy who I know appreciates me and will treat me right. Luckily for me, I've got one of the good guys. In books, both, depending on the story.
3. What is the best book you've read lately?
The best mainstream book I've read in the last few months is any of the Hunger Games books. Best indie book is The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton
4. What is the most complicated dish you've ever cooked? (How was it?)
I honestly don't cook. And when I do, it's nothing complicated. I'm much more of a baker.
5. What do you think of audiobooks?
I haven't listened to any audiobooks personally, but I imagine their great for people who are commuting.
6. Do you prefer buying books or lending them from the library?
For authors I really like, I always like to buy them, but most of the time I'd much rather check them out from the library. Or win them from giveaways, lol.
7. Who are your favorite artists, or style of music?
I like all kinds of different music. Some of my favorite artists are Coldplay, City and Colour, Great Big Sea, Eminem, Madonna, Adele, Usher, Paul Oakenfold....the list goes on and on.
8. Out of all the imaginary places, where would you go?
I would be a teacher at Hogwarts. Living in a castle would be awesome and so would teaching and doing magic.
9. Who is your favorite YA hero/heroine?
There are lots of good ones, and I know this is more than one but I would have to choose the Greasers gang from The Outsiders. They're such good hearted, decent guys, even though they've got it rough.
10. What is the next book you can't wait to get your hands on?
I have so many books waiting to be read that I shouldn't be thinking about getting anything new, but I'm really looking forward to Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.
11. Severus Snape or Lucius Malfoy?
Now for my 11 questions:
1. What is the first book you fell in love with and absolutely had to read?
2. Do you have to have silence to read or can you read with music, tv, or other noise?
3. What's the best book you've read this year?
4. What is the meaning behind your name? (Or your blog's name if you don't feel like revealing your first name)
5. Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?
6. What one thing makes you happy no matter what?
7. What is/was your favorite subject in school?
8. What genre of books is your favorite to read?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What is the most challenging book (emotionally or intellectually) that you've ever read?
11.What is one special passion or talent that you have?
I'm not sure that I know 11 bloggers who have blogs with under 200 followers to tag, so I'll just do as many as I can think of.
1. A Little Bit of Everything
2. Book Haven Extraordinaire
3. Harley Bear Book Blog
5. Journal of a Bookworm
To anyone whom I've tagged, there's no pressure or obligation to answer these questions I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blogs.