Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Book Goals

Well, another new year, another fresh reading start is upon us!

Here are my bookish/blogging goals for the year. I may eventually share some personal non book goals as well, but I'm still thinking about those, and debating if I'd like to share them. Would anyone even be interested in the non-book goals?

2018 Bookish and Blogging Goals:

Read 84 books. 
This works out to be 7 books per month. It's more than double my goal from last year. Given that I'm in a more flexible, less stressful job at this point, it seems doable.

Read 18,000 pages
It seems like a lot, but is totally manageable. It's only 1500 pages per month

Read 20 books on my shelves that were received/bought prior to 2017
I have SO MANY unread books that I paid to move here two years ago and still haven't read. This includes books that authors requested I read and review.

Read 20 books from the library
I've missed going to the library, and need to start going again, this should force me to do that.

Read 20 Books that I won via GR.
I've won several books via Goodreads in the last 5 years, and more than 20 in 2017 alone, so this should be easy to accomplish

Read a joint book with my husband 2 days per week
This is so that we can enjoy reading together, and have something new to discuss together.

Blog 2 times per week
I've really let the blog go over the last 18 months, and probably more like 2+ years if I'm honest. Life got crazy, as happens when you move to another country.

Aim for 1 personal post per month (at least)
The blog has been and will continue to be mainly about books. But, there is a person behind all these reviews. So, I'll share a bit about myself, my thoughts, and the things I like.

Purchase A New Vegetarian Cookbook (or two...)
In an effort to eat better, my husband and I are going to try to eat a few vegetarian meals per week. We'll need some cookbooks to draw inspiration from.

Do a few giveaways
I haven't done any giveaways in a long time, and I know people like them, so I'll try to do a few this year.

As for my personal goals for the year, I'm thinking I may share more about those in my personal posts.

Does anyone have any bookish or personal goals they want to share? If so, please do!

3 comments:

Ethan said...

Congrats on a great year of reading and best of luck in the new year!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I like personal posts, so feel free to share whenever you like. :) I really need to read more of the books that I own too, which is why I signed up for a Backlist Book challenge to help motivate me.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Melissas Midnight Musings said...

@Ethan: Thank you! Good luck to you this year as well!

@Lauren: Thanks for stopping by! I've seen a few of the backlist posts as well. I'd sign up but I feel like those challenges add more pressure for me and are hard to keep up with.