Sunday, January 28, 2018

Review: Taste of Home Baking with Bake Sale Bonus: Fresh-Cooked Fun! 125 Bake-Sale Favorites!

Taste of Home Baking with Bake Sale Bonus: Fresh-Cooked Fun! 125 Bake-Sale Favorites! Taste of Home Baking with Bake Sale Bonus: Fresh-Cooked Fun! 125 Bake-Sale Favorites! by Taste of Home
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Melissa's Musings:

My sister bought me this book about 5 years ago for my birthday. I decided I should finally read it all the way through.

It's got a lot of excellent recipes. I love that it's sectioned off into type of baking item. At the beginning of each section, there are tips on how to deal with issues for each kind of item that you're making.

This has pictures that accompany almost every recipe, and small anecdotes from the people who submitted them.

I also love that this is in a binder, so I could easily remove a recipe if I wanted to use it rather than lugging the whole book to the kitchen. I made a list of recipes I really want to try as I was going through this so I see some baking in my immediate future.


I love to bake. Ironically, I hate cooking. I don't remember when I got into it, but at some point in my 20's I realized that I liked baking, and was often creating recipes to bring to work and share with my family. I don't bake quite so much now, as the oven in our current apartment is very finicky and things often end up with burned edges and bottoms.

I  also love my kitchenaid mixer that my former coworkers got me as a bridal shower gift about 4 years ago. It's a godsend when baking.

Do you bake? What's your favorite treat to make or to eat?

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm not the biggest baker, but it can be fun! I like that this includes pictures with most of the recipes.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net